Fire Safety: A Practical Approach
Ensuring residents safety is part of your everyday role, but what about your responsibilities in a fire emergency? This course demonstrates how to reduce risk, deal with fires if appropriate and support an effective evacuation process.
After completing this course, participants should be able to:
- Identify fire dynamics including the start and spread of fire
- Reduce the risk of a fire occurring
- Minimise the spread of a fire
- Implement an emergency response (R.A.C.E.)
- Recognise the need for an evacuation plan and stages of evacuation
Who is this course appropriate for:
This course is appropriate for all staff and volunteers.
Continuing Professional Development Hours:
Up to 8 hours can be earned completing this course.
You can earn 1 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hour by completing the video and assessment questions. If you wish to extend your learning and earn up to an additional 7 CPD hours, you may download the extension exercise which is attached to this course.
View the trailer below to preview the course: